Welcome to Midtown. We say this with pride as we greet you at the door and offer you the keys to our neighbourhood. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill collection of Vancouver condos for sale. Midtown was designed and built with purpose, to not only enhance the lifestyle of its residents, but to add that something special to the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood in which it resides.
Your comfortable condominium at Midtown comes complete with a built-in neighbourhood with all the amenities, and friendly people you’ll want to know. And your mom will feel safe visiting – if that’s OK with you. As the new hub, with shopping, food and drink steps below, it’s brand new, yet fits like it’s always been here.
If you or your friends are looking to buy condos in Vancouver, but want more than just four walls in which to dwell, come visit us for a coffee and see if you like what we’ve done with the neighbourhood.
Instead, we have friendly people, small batch-roasted coffee, open spaces to chat and tree-lined streets. But you really shouldn’t take advertising as gospel. Come walk around and take some photos of our Mount Pleasant condos for sale on Carolina Street, within close proximity to Main Street. We think you’ll see what we’re getting at.
The Fox — Brought to you by the same team behind the dearly departed Waldorf. The most progressive venue in town.
Still Life — Quality clothing and goods from honest folk. Independent since ’84.
Brassneck Brewing — Drop by anytime for a tasting flight and whatever is being served hot and fresh from the rotating food trucks out front.
Matchstick Coffee — Every human being deserves an earnest cup of coffee. These guys won’t let you down.
Dude Chilling Park — Art project turned icon. Hit the green hills with a book and enjoy.
Barbarella Pizza — The most addictive pizza pie on the Eastside of Vancouver (in our humble thin-crust-loving opinion).
The Midtown Experiment was launched to engage with the community and existing residents of Mount Pleasant. The Experience was a series of initiatives to provide the community with valued retail offerings and to find out what the neighbourhood would value most.
One aspect of the Midtown Experiment was the Midtown Pop-Up Shop, a series of carefully curated local businesses. Sponsored by Midtown, and presented by the team behind The Chinatown Experiment, the Midtown Experiment Pop-Up Shop space was donated to community groups, and was home to retails shops, exhibits, and events throughout the spring.
During that time, the Midtown Experiment also ran the HERE campaign, which encouraged public input over a period of 12 weeks, and gathered feedback from the community through casting ballots on the types of retail shops neighbours want to see in the area, and at Midtown.
Learn more about Midtown’s Mount Pleasant condos for sale in Vancouver.
There’s an elevated communal courtyard for times when you feel like hanging out with the neighbours, and private, covered patios for hanging out with a book instead.
All of our 1 and 2 bedroom suites are generous in size, and include car parking and handy bike storage. You’ll have a choice of light or dark colour schemes in your home, and each suite sports a full-size, front-loading washer dryer, engineered hardwood floors, and quartz countertops with glass tile backsplash. Bathroom and kitchen faucets are from the Grohe collection, and all your appliances are of high quality by KitchenAid.
You’ll be kept safe and sound with the latest technology, including gated parking, enter-phone access, FOB system, and pre-wiring for in-home security. You’ll also receive a complimentary Welcome Home Package from Shaw to get you connected and keep you entertained.
Most importantly, your home will be built by local firm, Kindred Construction, experienced in constructing high-quality condos and townhouses for sale in Vancouver, and backed by a 2/5/10 new home warranty guarantee.
- Brick-clad exterior
- Five-storey mixed-use residential and commercial/retail
- Oversized windows
- Central eastside location
- Convenient linkages to commuter and public transit routes
- 180° city and mountain views from upper floors
- Large covered patios
- Shared elevated courtyard
- Two designer-selected colour schemes: Light or Dark
- Polished chrome entry fixtures
- Durable engineered hardwood flooring
- Custom five-inch baseboards
- Swing-style interior and closet doors
- Two-inch white faux-wood blinds
- Full-size front loading Whirlpool washer and dryer
- Quartz countertops with under-mount square sink in all bathrooms.
- Grohe single-lever fixtures throughout
- In-floor radiant electric heating
- Clean-lined square-channel accessories
- Glass accent tiles in bathtub and shower surrounds
- Modern flat panel cabinets in Carbon Ash or Jakarta Teak
- White quartz countertops with glass tile backsplash
- Sleek kitchen faucet by Grohe
- Under-mount single compartment stainless steel sink
- Modern pendant lighting over breakfast bar
- Under-cabinet task lighting
- KitchenAid® Stainless Steel Architect II Appliance Package featuring:
- Energy Star® refrigerator with bottom freezer
- Ceran top slide-in range with convection oven
- Microwave hoodfan combination
- Energy saving Ultra Quiet dishwasher
- Quality build by Kindred Construction, with over 34 years of construction experience
- Comprehensive 2/5/10 third party warranty by National Home Warranty
- Two years on Workmanship and Materials
- Five years on Water Penetration
- Ten years on Structural Defect
- Secure gated underground parking
- Brightly lit underground areas and thoroughfares
- Direct enter phone access to main lobby entrance
- Restricted FOB system access to common area, underground parking and elevator level
- All homes fully pre-wired for the in-home security system of your choice
- Hardwired smoke detectors and sprinklers in all homes and common areas
- Convenient recycle and garbage centre
- Economical strata costs
- Bazinga! Strata management software
- One Earth eco-strata guide for sustainable living
- Welcome Home Technology Package by Shaw including:
- One year free Shaw HDPVR or Gateway system with 2 portals
- One year free Shaw High Speed 10 Internet service
- One year free Shaw Personal TV
Tobi ReyesFounder, PortLiving
Working in Mount Pleasant since 2003, Tobi envisions the area around Broadway and Carolina to be the physical middle of Vancouver. As the founder of PortLiving, Tobi is part of a team that manages over 200,000 square feet of existing and upcoming mixed-use development in Vancouver. His passion concerning sustainability is not only reflected in his East Vancouver real estate projects, but also in his role as a Director with One Earth, the organization behind the Eco-Strata Guide. Tobi is especially excited to spend more time at Midtown as it’s close to Pizzeria Barbarella, his favourite place to grab a slice.
Robert VroomanDirector, Living Midtown Development LP
An avid cyclist and former member of Canada’s National Cycling Team, Rob can often be seen pedaling his way across the east side of Vancouver, through the neighbourhood he has helped revitalize and shape. In previous work for a premier development and construction company, Rob was involved in the development of condos and mixed-use real estate projects that have provided more than 250 residential homes in the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood of East Vancouver. He holds a master’s in Business Administration from Stanford University, where his studies focused on real estate and venture capital. Rob has a passion for neighbourhoods and hopes Mount Pleasant is able to retain the diverse cast of characters and residents that make it such a unique community. After a bike ride, he can be found at 49th Parallel on Main Street, consuming coffee and Lucky’s doughnuts.
Bryan ReidVice President and COO, Kindred Construction
Kindred Construction has been working in the East Vancouver community for more than 30 years and believes this new development of modern, affordable Vancouver condos plays an integral role in the evolution and growth of the Broadway and Carolina neighbourhood. The company is known for the fit and finish of their structures and has completed more than $1 billion in construction projects over the years. Bryan has a special tie to Mount Pleasant; he and his wife were engaged right on their patio at Main and 16th. These days, you can find him at The Whip, Cascade, or at Nat Bailey stadium (with a hotdog…naturally).
PortLiving is a globally-oriented residential property and lifestyle firm focused on marketing and developing real estate projects in Vancouver, Canada. Our primary goal is to enhance livability by maximizing the benefits of a development’s location through design, commitment to quality, and amenities. Through a combination of these key ingredients, our condominiums and mixed-use projects in East Vancouver and other areas of the city have been praised for their innovation, convenience, value and architectural contribution to the communities we serve. We strive to create working and living environments that are sustainable and practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity. In combining our objectives with a fervent commitment to our discipline, we believe that our real estate investments are responsible today…and tomorrow.